The colossal 실시간파워볼게임 size of the jackpot and its history
The jackpots for both Mega Millions Powerball have been enormous. There is not a single lottery in the world that can match the size of the jackpot. In this section, we shall look at some of the biggest jackpots in each lottery.
Megamillions: Mega Millions has had a history of very big jackpots, with it hitting the dream figure of 1 billion twice! The biggest ever jackpot in Mega Millions history was an astounding 1.53 billion dollars. Very recently, in January of 2021, the jackpot swelled up to a whopping 1 billion again, before being claimed by an anonymous person in Detroit, Michigan. The third biggest jackpot in Mega Millions history millions is relatively lesser, clocking in at 656 million dollars. Since the cross-sell expansion, the lottery has hit enormous jackpots numerous times. All of the top five biggest jackpots exceed 540 million dollars 파워볼. The 10th biggest jackpot in the history of Mega Millions is a gigantic 414 million dollars. The sheer magnitude of the prizes is what drags people from all over the world to vie for the top prize.
Powerball: While Powerball played catchup to the popularity of Mega Millionsmost of its history, it was the cross-sell expansion that did its favors. Powerball holds the record for the biggest jackpot of all time when the jackpot hit 1.586 billion dollars after twenty consecutive rollovers. The prize was split between three tickets and it was the moment that catapulted Powerball into fame. The second biggest prize, however, pales in comparison. It was still a hefty 750 million dollars and at the time was the single biggest prize claimed by an individual. The top 10 prizes ever distributed by Powerball are all well over 500 million dollars. Incidentally, all of these jackpots came right after the cross-sell expansion. Before the expansion, Powerball’s popularity and jackpots were not particularly up to the mark. Very recently Powerball had a jackpot that was worth over 200 million, it did not even feature in the top 20 jackpot prizes of all time.
The astronomical 실시간파워볼게임 분석 odds
The reason for the prize pools being so ginormous is because the odds of winning the jackpot are quite frankly abysmal. The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1: 292 million. Meaning one in every 292 million people can win the Powerball jackpot. The odds for Mega Millions eerily similar, with 1:302 million winning the jackpot. The chances you win the lottery are very slim. For context, the population of the United States is roughly 330 million, meaning that the chances of you winning the lottery is the same as any other American, if they were to purchase a ticket.
Now in the 안전 실시간파워볼게임 grand scheme of things, you might still think that purchasing a ticket and trying out your luck may well work out. You might get lucky, but there are also hundreds of things you might be able to do 실시간파워볼게임 사이트 before you win the lottery. Here are the odds of some occurrences that are more likely to happen than winning the lottery:
* You are likely to find two yolks in the same egg one in every thousand times, that’s roughly three hundred thousand times more likely to happen than winning the lottery jackpot.
* A four-leaf clover is considered a very lucky charm and the odds of finding one are 1:10000. The lottery odds make this look pale in comparison as you are 30,000 times more likely to find a four-leaf clover than win the jackpot.
* Catching one foul ball is hard, how about two in a single game? The odds for that event happening is one in 336,000, which is still 300 times more likely than winning a jackpot in Mega Millions Powerball.
* Sharks are one of nature’s most fearsome predators and the movie Jaws helped popularise the ferocity of these killers. Despite the fear surrounding sharks, it is very unlikely you will ever be killed by one. The odds of that are a staggering 1 in 3.7 million, which is still nearly 100 times more likely to happen than you winning the lottery.
* Plane crashes are 실시간파워볼게임 분석방법 very rare occurrences and the chances of being in one are quite rare. However, dying due to a plane crash is astronomically rare, the odds are 1 in every 60 million. Winning the lottery on the other hand seems to be rarer than this event as you are at least 5 times more likely to die in a plane crash than win the lottery.
While the number of winners may not exactly be proportional as there are many more small-time winners than people scooping up jackpots. The odds for winning the second prize, which is a million dollars for both is also quite high, at around 1:11 million. Despite these, you will find that a lot of people have won the million-dollar second prize as well as smaller prizes. The bigger prizes are the ones that are so intriguing and elusive. Despite the odds, you will find that a lot of people have claimed prize money that exceeds well over a hundred million dollars.